You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 30-04-2013 22:36:25

Tom
Contributors

Reflowing of tiles not working correctly?

Hi Thomas -
I've been fiddling with your (nice!) template a bit, and noticed a somewhat strange little quirk.  I set up a bunch of tiles in a single group with 6 columns and 3 rows.  When I adjust the screen size, I can reflow the window to 2 columns, 3 columns, or 6 columns, but I can't reflow to 4 columns or 5 columns no matter how I set $rearrangeTreshhold.  I noted that phptojs.php hardwires rearrangeTreshhold to 3; however, even when I adjust this variable there, I can't get the desired behavior.  I assume the problem is somewhere in lines 247-316 of main.js, but it is not clear to me how this section of your code works.  The following website (a very minor tweak of your latest v4 template release) demonstrates the problem on both Safari and Firefox on my newish Mac laptop (with retina screen) running up-to-date everything:
      http://fccr.ucsd.edu/v4test/
Is there a chance that you might possibility be able to adjust this behavior to allow columns of width 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 tiles, depending on the screen width?  That would arguably be the most natural behavior.
thanks heaps!!
- Tom

#2 01-05-2013 09:25:41

Emil

Re: Reflowing of tiles not working correctly?

nice, have you tried setting tile named "box 4" to width 1 like the rest of the tiles?

Last edited by Emil (01-05-2013 09:26:48)

Good advice is often confusing, but example is always clear.

#3 01-05-2013 12:22:36

Thomas
Administrator

I think I've fixed it now. Will post new alpha later (toghether with the vertical group scrolling)

#4 01-05-2013 23:42:50

Tom
Contributors

Thomas - perfect, that fixed it.  Thanks!  The corrected version is demonstrated here:
   http://fccr.ucsd.edu/v4a4test/

Board footer