You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 18-05-2013 00:26:11

chrisly
Contributors
Website

my small project grow up :)

Hey folks,

time to share also my page with you...
All my ideas are live and working fine from my point of view.
With the support from Thomas a new lightbox is on which also support videos... (also in the sidebar smile ) and the damn webfont bug with chrome is also gone... thanks again Thomas... It´s a absolut crazy template... great work!!!

The site is still under constructions and i´ll bring new content in, day by day...
Could be also that there a lot of typos... ignore it... i´ll fix it also...

www.chrisly.org

what do you think about a soundcloud tile in the sidebar?
I´ve try something to have some music during visits... just click on the sidebar... and klick the play button

EDIT: thanks again to Thomas for his great support... scale issue fixed as well... big_smile

Last edited by chrisly (18-05-2013 14:19:34)

#2 18-05-2013 09:03:43

Emil

Re: my small project grow up :)

It's an amazing website, the only problem I have is that the typical browser on the most common screen resolution will show around 600 pixels of your web page's height, after which the visitor will have to scroll vertically. Always fit website to a 1024x768 screen size to avoid problems. I'm using a laptop with a small monitor so when scrolling vertically all tiles fade out. I guess this is also a feature that's acting like a bug in the template?

Good advice is often confusing, but example is always clear.

#3 18-05-2013 10:25:12

chrisly
Contributors
Website

I know... damn low resolution smile smile
at the moment I place a tile on the first page which infrom visitors about the way with fullscreen with F11 and zoom out with strg + minus... this works fine for me at the moment...

I´ll look if its possible to have a JS which automatical scall the browser zoom depending on the screen resolution... all what I found at the moment, automatical browser zoom is not changeable over a website hmm damn smile

Last edited by chrisly (18-05-2013 10:40:06)

#4 18-05-2013 11:09:08

Thomas
Administrator

The problem with the tiles becoming transparent is because somehow the mechanism to detect on which tilegroup you are based on your scrollbar position is broken. You can test it by moving the horizontal scrollbar with your mouse and check if the arrows move to the right group. On my site it does, on your is seems it doesn't.
The mechanism that should detect this is in main.js, around line 462 ( the function   $(window).scroll(function(){   )

and I had created an autozoom plugin. But it had some problems, don't know exactly which ones though tongue

on tablets the site works a bit awkward (I need to improve the template on this part: tablet browsers always think "vertical" and sites that scroll in a horizontal way get awkward when zooming out. It's also very hard to fix this because there are many browsers that render the site differently. For example; the stock ICS browser handles viewports not like Chrome on Android.)
The easiest fix would be to use the horiontal group placing, instead of vertical. You can do that by putting in your layout.php

if($device=="tablet"){
/* Tilegroup settings */
$groupSpacing = array(4,4,3); // width of each tileGroup (spacing between the groups in tiles)
$groupDirection = "vertical"; // put the groups in a vertical or horizontal order?
$mouseScroll = false; // disable or enable scrolling with mousewheel

$groupInactiveOpacity = 1; // opacity of tiles that are not in the current tilegroup. 1 = full shown, 0.5 = transparent, can have any value between 0 and 1
$groupInactiveClickable = true; // should the tiles in inactive groups be clickable, if false; it'll go to the tilegroup of the clicked tile
$groupShowEffect=1; // the effect which shows the tiles when the page is loaded. 0 = a nice "wave" effect, 1 = fadeIn, 2= increase size  (!only works when $groupInactiveOpacity = 1)

}else{

/*DESKTOP*/
$groupSpacing = array(4,4,3); // width of each tileGroup (spacing between the groups in tiles)
$groupDirection = "horizontal"; // put the groups in a vertical or horizontal order?
$mouseScroll = true; // disable or enable scrolling with mousewheel

$groupInactiveOpacity = 0.5; // opacity of tiles that are not in the current tilegroup. 1 = full shown, 0.5 = transparent, can have any value between 0 and 1
$groupInactiveClickable = false; // should the tiles in inactive groups be clickable, if false; it'll go to the tilegroup of the clicked tile
$groupShowEffect=1; // the effect which shows the tiles when the page is loaded. 0 = a nice "wave" effect, 1 = fadeIn, 2= increase size  (!only works when $groupInactiveOpacity = 1)
}

I tried to find a solution that keeps the horizontal scrolling but it doesn't get 100% right.

#5 18-05-2013 11:20:33

chrisly
Contributors
Website

Thomas wrote:

The problem with the tiles becoming transparent is because somehow the mechanism to detect on which tilegroup you are based on your scrollbar position is broken. You can test it by moving the horizontal scrollbar with your mouse and check if the arrows move to the right group. On my site it does, on your is seems it doesn't.
The mechanism that should detect this is in main.js, around line 462 ( the function   $(window).scroll(function(){   )

ok, I found the problem just place 1 number in $groupSpacing = array(8,8,8,7) in the layout.php...
Now I´ve  $groupSpacing = array(8,8,8,7); and scrolling works.

Last edited by chrisly (18-05-2013 11:28:27)

#6 18-05-2013 11:52:22

Thomas
Administrator

You can try this plugin for automatic zooming. Don't kow which problems it can cause:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/artlupcl2i4i3 … om_0.1.zip

Open plugin.js to change the maximum zoom.

The plugin is btw installed on this site: http://metro-webdesign.info/ so you can test it.

Oh; it seems it causes issues with scrolling etc hmm

#7 18-05-2013 12:07:46

chrisly
Contributors
Website

I try this currently and it´s fine for ie and chrome... ff is not working... will have a look... at the moment scrolling is fine during my tests.

Thanks for this as usual, great support smile

#8 18-05-2013 12:14:46

Thomas
Administrator

I mean scrolling when you manually move the horizontal scrollbar (from tilegroup 3 is goes wrong)

But it seems it can be fixed by going to line 471

var scrollLeft = $(window).scrollLeft()/scaleSpacing;

replace it with

var scrollLeft = $(window).scrollLeft()/(scaleSpacing*zoomScale);

And also open functions.js and go to line 137:

return s*scaleSpacing*zoomScale;

replace with

return s*scaleSpacing;

and in functions.js go to line 85:
$("html, body").animate({"scrollLeft":getMarginLeft(n)},scrollSpeed,function(){

and replace with

$("html, body").animate({"scrollLeft":getMarginLeft(n)*zoomScale},scrollSpeed,function(){

#9 18-05-2013 12:56:13

chrisly
Contributors
Website

Works fine as well, maybe it was because I´ve 4 groups?! Any thoughts why ff does not work with the script? chrome and ie are just fine

#10 18-05-2013 13:30:27

Thomas
Administrator

Open plugin.js of the autozoom and change the "mozilla" to "firefox" on line 15 and 22

#11 18-05-2013 13:39:35

chrisly
Contributors
Website

oh man, sooo easy? I´ve search for the web regarding firefox naming and find mozilla all over, hehe smile
thanks

#12 20-05-2013 20:05:11

Emil

OK, I think this plugin should be included in the download of the template.

Good advice is often confusing, but example is always clear.

#13 20-05-2013 20:28:57

chrisly
Contributors
Website

Emil wrote:

OK, I think this plugin should be included in the download of the template.

Yes I think that's a nice addon and should be included smile

#14 26-08-2013 17:30:41

ricardodt
Contributors

I would love to know how put videos on your page because i would love to add That in my page thank you very much

Board footer