You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 26-06-2013 00:53:56

PCWartung
Contributors
Website

Errors found while checking this document as HTML5!

Im not sure im posting in the wright section, because it´s not really a bug, but i have a few questions about markup validation.

My site is still under construction, there is still a hole bunch to do (started at 0 again because of upgrade to v4) but today i thought i try the markup validation service from w3c.

I was a little mad because of the result. The result showed up that my site is invalid and that: "Errors found while checking this document as HTML5!"

42 Errors, 2 warnings - look here

What does "Invalid" in this case mean and what about the Errors and warnings, should i do something or should i just let it be?

Thanks guys

#2 26-06-2013 01:44:17

Pie
Contributors
Website

Re: Errors found while checking this document as HTML5!

Hi,

i have just used this validator myself and getting a nice error:

Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 38 it contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as utf-8 (in other words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character encoding indication.

The error was: utf8 "\xC4" does not map to Unicode

I know i have

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

added myself because of the Umlauts, but why does this cause a message like that?

- Pie

#3 26-06-2013 02:16:52

PCWartung
Contributors
Website

Somebody here has the same problem as you.

It seems that you tell with your meta code that the site is on UTF-Format but it don´t really is.

You have to save the whole file in UTF-Format, and how - it depends on your Editor you´re working with. Here´s a list how to do with the most editors.

Hope that helps.

#4 26-06-2013 11:36:36

Thomas
Administrator

Check: http://metro-webdesign.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=134

I've fixed most of them in the new version (which I am testing right now...) but their nothing to worry about. Missing alt tags (on loading images tongue )...  Obselete arguments aren't bad either, because they don't affect current browsers.

Board footer