You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 26-03-2014 19:58:18

Discovery
Contributors

Two new suggestions

Hi,
(I initially posted this in the Donator's section but then I  realised I should put it here)
I was wondering whether the future versions of this template could have the ability to apply only the changes that the producer has made to the code, so that I don't have to restart downloading the new template and changing all the stuff to make it look like it was before. Here's an example:
I download Version 4, and I edit it, add more tiles etc.
Then I find out that version 5 is available but then I'll have to re-edit it... Is there a method so that I can apply only the changes made to the code by the producer? Cheers
Also it would be great if future versions could have draggable and resizable tiles to put them where you want, just like in Windows 8.
Thanks a lot for your time,
Cheers,
Tim Timmy cool

#2 27-03-2014 21:27:47

Thomas
Administrator

Re: Two new suggestions

That first thing is already implemented.

For each update, "update" zips are available that dont reset your settings (if you have made changes to core files they will be overwritten so try to avoid that by using the plugin system).

Adding draggable and resizable tiles would be nice but also limiting the possibilities to mod the tiles. I tought it was easy enough to add them by code. I know that it's a bit more annoying when trying to find a nice layout but I suggest to take a pencil and paper, and make a draft before you start adding them by code tongue

#3 01-04-2014 21:47:05

Discovery
Contributors

Re: Two new suggestions

Cheers, thanks a lot for your time  wink

Board footer