You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 19-05-2014 06:53:35

henningbr
Contributors
Website

Panels question...

As explained on tutorial.
"To use panels you first need to define the panel contents in a file in the /panels/ folder. So just create a file in that folder and put some text content in it. To make the panel open, just create a url that links to that panel. The template will automaticly detect that it's a panel. So if you have a file panels/testfile.php you can call it by using <a href="panels/testfile.php">This will open the panel</a>"

Where do I mess up here. 

"define the panel contents in a file in the /panels/ folder"? Can someone explain what this mean.

Where do I write the link: "<a href="panels/testfile.php">This will open the panel</a>"

Maybe my programming-skills is poor, or my english is worse...

Last edited by henningbr (19-05-2014 07:24:17)

#2 19-05-2014 08:08:47

chrismaliszewski
Contributors
Website

Re: Panels question...

If you bought and downloaded full version of this template, there should be an example file in panels/ named example.php.

"define the panel contents in a file in the /panels/ folder" - it means that you need to create PHP file example.php alike.

"Where do I write the link" - here a few cases exists depending on what you want to achieve:

1. if you want to create a normal link in pages code you need to write code like in tutorial: <a href="panels/[PANEL_FILE_NAME].php">,

2. if you want to create a panel link as a tile on main page you need to write in "url" of tile value "external:panels/[PANEL_FILE_NAME].php",

3. and the last case (I think), if you want to create a link in one panel to another, you need to make a small change in plugins/panels/desktop.js mentioned in this topic.

Last edited by chrismaliszewski (19-05-2014 08:10:05)

#3 21-05-2014 16:29:13

henningbr
Contributors
Website

Re: Panels question...

it was "external:panels/[panel_name].php"...

Thanx...

Board footer