You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 14-08-2014 10:52:27

mjlake28
Contributors

Normal tile page and logged in tile page

Hello,

I am using the multiple homes plugin so I can create 2 tile pages. What I need is the normal index tile page when you visit the site (which I have all setup)

And then when a user logs in another tile welcome page for just logged in users.

I have amended desktop.js and added Page2 to the array. And then in tiles.php I have added tiles with the class Page2.
I have also commented out the line:

window.location.hash = "&"+$group.titles[n].toLowerCase().stripSpaces();

in functions.js as it said in the previous thread about this.

My usual tile index page is working. But my second tile page isn't showing any of the tiles. Am I missing something? I have followed the instructions exactly as the previous thread about this.

Thanks for your help.

#2 14-08-2014 17:48:03

Thomas
Administrator

Re: Normal tile page and logged in tile page

Wouldn't it be easier and better to create a separate subdir and put a totally new copy of the metro template in there?

The "multiple tile page" plugin isn't safe too, since all the tiles are always getting loaded (but only some are shown), so even someone that isn't logged in can see the tiles content.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with the plugin, but I'll add that in that thread.

#3 15-08-2014 09:09:03

mjlake28
Contributors

Re: Normal tile page and logged in tile page

Yes that works and makes much more sense. Thanks for your help.

Board footer