You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 19-04-2013 18:43:54

sunilmeena
Contributors

Page With new tile

Hi Thomas

How Can i load New "tiles.php" File not new group...i have created multiple tiles page exam: tile.php, tile2.php now from header menu i want to load a new tile page for example from default home page tiles to new tiles page which contain other topic tiles. i am not talking about going from one group to another tile group....but new tile page must load without refreshing page same as /pages/ Loads..using ajax or Some java ? Plz Help Me

Thanks

Waiting For Reply

#2 19-04-2013 20:27:56

Thomas
Administrator

Re: Page With new tile

The only way to do that is using sidebars on subpages, but that won't have tilegroups...

#3 20-04-2013 10:16:56

sunilmeena
Contributors

....but Actually i need same as home page a tile container which can hold tiles in group with same horizontal sliding bcoz in my project i need many tiles about 100 tiles per page so i need that container not slider tiles...i worked on this theme and now i have to do this so plz suggest other way to cmplt this task.

Thanks.

#4 27-04-2013 12:48:43

Thomas
Administrator

Hello, I've written a plugin that make different tile pages possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9unzjjuwa20t … ehomes.zip

Drop in plugins folder.

You also need to open js/functions and comment lines 57 and 65

window.location.hash = "&"+$group.titles[$group.current].toLowerCase().stripSpaces();

so it becomes

//window.location.hash = "&"+$group.titles[$group.current].toLowerCase().stripSpaces();

Different tile pages are triggered by the url:

http://localhost/#!               -> normal homepage
http://localhost/#!&two
http://localhost/#!&another

these are defined in the file plugins/multiplehomes/desktop.js .

To add a tile to a specific tile page, you need to give it the class with the name of the tile page. Example;

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>0,'width'=>2,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#509601","url"=>"welcome.php",
"title"=>"Welcome","text"=>"This is the example of the Metro UI template.","classes"=>"home");

(check the "classes"=>"home" which will add it to the normal homepage)

or

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>0,'width'=>2,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#509601","url"=>"welcome.php",
"title"=>"Welcome","text"=>"This is the example of the Metro UI template.","classes"=>"two");

// will add it to the "two" tile page.

This doesn't support differnt group titles for each tile page.

#5 03-05-2013 03:18:33

sunilmeena
Contributors

thanks a lot for support..

#6 05-05-2013 11:19:41

sunilmeena
Contributors

hi

i tried this new plugin it's working but not good it just load two page data when i try to load third page data it loads same of page tiles i tried everything but this method is working only for tow home pages.....is there any way by which i can just replace tiles.php value to tiles2.php this is more easy way i think but i don't know how can i do this.....any way plz help with that plugin

#7 05-05-2013 11:21:12

Thomas
Administrator

Can you post the tiles.php content you've tested with?

#8 05-05-2013 20:17:14

sunilmeena
Contributors

thanks for quick response....

here is the example  "www.stringloop.com/v4demo"....i have created 3 test pages now home page and page 2 works fine on loading of website but when i try to load page 3 tiles it load page 2 tiles again and now menu also won't work for home page i mean after opening page 2 tiles, menu just stuck on page 2 tiles..

tiles.php content here:

<?php

/* home page */

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",
"title"=>"Home","text"=>"Test Tiles","classes"=>"home");
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>3,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",
"title"=>"Home","text"=>"Test Tiles","classes"=>"home","classes"=>"home");
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400
","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>3,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>3,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>3,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>3,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>3,'width'=>2,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#E51400","url"=>"welcome.php",

/* page 2*/

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",
"title"=>"Page2","text"=>"Test Tiles","classes"=>"Page2");
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>3,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",
"title"=>"Page2","text"=>"Test Tiles","classes"=>"Page2","classes"=>"Page2");
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111
","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>3,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>3,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>3,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>3,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>3,'width'=>2,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#111","url"=>"welcome.php",

/* page 3 */
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",
"title"=>"Page3","text"=>"Test Tiles","classes"=>"Page3");
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>3,"y"=>0,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",
"title"=>"Page3","text"=>"Test Tiles","classes"=>"Page3","classes"=>"Page3");
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666
","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>3,"y"=>1,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>3,"y"=>2,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",

$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>3,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>1,"y"=>3,'width'=>1,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",
$tile[] = array("type"=>"simple","group"=>0,"x"=>2,"y"=>3,'width'=>2,'height'=>1,"background"=>"#666","url"=>"welcome.php",

?> 

and here is the code shows how i added page classes in dektop plugins

multipleHomes = new Array("home","Page2","Page3"); // set your differnet "homepages" here!

$.plugin($hashChangeBegin,{
	multipleHomes:function(){
		if($hashed.parts[0]==""){
			if(typeof $hashed.parts[1] == "undefined" ||  $hashed.parts[1] == ""){
				$events.onTilesPrepare();
				$("#subNav").fadeOut(hideSpeed);
				$("#centerWrapper").fadeOut(hideSpeed,function(){
					$show.tiles();
					$("#tileContainer").children(".tile").css("visibility","visible").not(".home").css("visibility","hidden");
				}); 
				$hashed.doRefresh = false;
				setTimeout("$hashed.doRefresh=true",100);
			}else if(inArrayNCindex($hashed.parts[1],multipleHomes)!=-1){
					$show.tiles();
					$("#tileContainer").children(".tile").css("visibility","visible").not(".Page2").css("visibility","hidden");
				});
				}else if(inArrayNCindex($hashed.parts[1],multipleHomes)!=-1){
					$show.tiles();
					$("#tileContainer").children(".tile").css("visibility","visible").not(".Page3").css("visibility","hidden");
				});
			}

}
	}
});

Last edited by sunilmeena (05-05-2013 20:25:51)

#9 09-05-2013 20:46:32

sunilmeena
Contributors

please reply soon i am getting my project deadline....

#10 09-05-2013 20:52:30

Thomas
Administrator

#11 18-05-2013 20:14:27

sunilmeenanew

hello Thomas your fix, fixed my last problem but here i faced one more problem....everything is working great. this multiple plugin is doing what it is it created for but actually in our project we have a lot and lot data for tiles we have above 2000 tiles... so every single page contain 100 tiles all with some img and now the problem i facing is that its loading very very slow when i go to 1 to last page it just takes above 20 minutes to load last tiles page...

i mean when i load home page it load it with norml averge time  but when load 2nd tile page it will take more time and so on....and one more thing after  we put 30 percent off data in one template and test it the smoothness is like zero it

.. please help soon...

create plugin something like by which we can just load different "tiles.php" so that  it can handle this big data in packets...
thanks

Last edited by sunilmeenanew (18-05-2013 20:25:46)

#12 18-05-2013 20:45:56

Emil

2000 tile? are you kidding me? Jesus! It's a lot of content only for the tiles.... Well, if you really need it, why not use some tricks and load some groups of tiles in new pages? Basically create more templates each with it's own groups of tiles. Move between the templates by linking them in the top navigation. This will create a sort of dynamically loaded website.

Good advice is often confusing, but example is always clear.

#13 18-05-2013 21:39:13

Thomas
Administrator

It also depends on what kind of tiles you're using. Flip tiles cause high load because they use 3D functions.

And 2000 tiles means over 8000 DIVs in the HTML page. A little bit too much.

To help, I'll need to see your project closer. Do you have a link for me? Now it's just guessing and hard to debug. I know some  things that may help but if the page now takes 20 minutes to load it wont be reduced to 2 seconds.

#14 22-07-2013 19:08:10

San

Hello,
I have also the same problem and I implemented the plugin 'multiplehomes'. And I'm facing two issues.

Issue 1:
My homepage link : http://localhost/gatesOE/#!
Counties link        : http://localhost/gatesOE/#!&countries

When I click on the 'countries' link the 'groupTitles' is remains as 'home' it is not changing to 'countries'.

Issue 2:
When I resize the countries page, the tiles are moving to the bottom(ie. unwanted space is showing just below the 'groupTitle' name).

I guess this issue might be in the resize() function in main.js, but I could not identify it.
Could you please help me to fix this?

Site: http://gatesoverseasedu.com/gatesOE/

Please refer the following screenshot of issue:
Issue

Last edited by San (29-07-2013 03:41:00)

#15 29-07-2013 18:19:23

Thomas
Administrator

For issue 1: The only solution would be to use the fakeTItle plugin (here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpgn9r78alyv1t9/faketitle.zip ) and hide the current titles by putting this in your own css file (see tutorial: adding own code):

.groupTitle>h3{
	font-size:0px;
}
.fakeTitle h3{
	font-size:24px;
}

you can then add your faketitle by putting something like this in tiles.php config:

$tile[] = array("type"=>"faketitle","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>0,"url"=>"","text"=>"example","classes"=>"home");

indeed, fake titles work like tiles.

The second problem is only fixable by stopping the rearranging of tiles. This can be set in layout.php (var $autoRearrangeTiles)

#16 30-07-2013 17:49:42

San

Hello Thomas,
Thank you for your reply.

Issue 1: I got your solution and approach.

Issue 2: I'm seeking for Responsive Web Design(RWD), so I want $autoRearrangeTiles as true in layout.php. So somehow I need to fix this issue.

When I check the function resize() in mail.js, I find the code to which decides the margin-top.
css("margin-top",(45+j*scaleSpacing+t)

Home page tiles:
45 + 0*155 + 0 = 45
45 + 1*155 + 0 = 200
45 + 1*155 + 0 = 200
45 + 2*155 + 0 = 355
Second page tiles:
45 + 3*155 + 0 = 510
45 + 4*155 + 0 = 665
45 + 3*155 + 0 = 510

But I didn't understand exactly what is happening here. If you could tell me what value I need to reset or something, I will try in that way. My idea is variable i/k reset to zero, when class 'home' change to 'countries'. :-)

I'm really sorry to change the code, but I don't have any other option.
//San.

Last edited by San (30-07-2013 18:22:03)

#17 30-07-2013 18:35:56

Thomas
Administrator

The problem is that the other tiles of the other homes are loaded too (they're just not visible) and the responsive thing places them (in your case above the current home tiles) so they take up space. You could add a check that the code only runs for tiles that are visible.

In main.js add after this line:

$tileContainer.children(".group"+i).each(function(){

this

if($(this).css("visibility")=="visible"){

and close it with a

}

before:

});
                    t += (spaceUsed.length+0.5)*scaleSpacing

You need do those things two times in the file.  (the second time the closing bracket is before

});
            }
            setTimeout(function(){

#18 30-07-2013 19:09:52

San

I have added the 'first time' but couldn't find the exact start and end for the 'second time'. Could you pleas make it a little more clear?.

#19 30-07-2013 20:16:30

Thomas
Administrator

Just scroll a bit in the file. It's a little bit under the "first time". always before a

});

#20 31-07-2013 04:32:32

San

These are the fake tiles:
$tile[] = array("type"=>"faketitle","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>0,"url"=>"","text"=>"Home","classes"=>"home");
$tile[] = array("type"=>"faketitle","group"=>0,"x"=>0,"y"=>0,"url"=>"","text"=>"Countries","classes"=>"countries");

Both of these tiles are showing at the same time and it is overlapped. What change I have to do to show 'Home' in homepage and 'Countries' in countries page?

#21 06-08-2013 03:44:39

San

Hello,

Default title:
<a id="groupTitle0" class="groupTitle" onclick="javascript:$group.goTo(0);" style="margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; display: block;" href="#&Home">
<h3>Home</h3>
</a>

Title after 'fakeTitle':
<div class="groupTitle fakeTitle group0 home" data-pos="0-0-100" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-left: 0px; width: auto; height: auto; display: block;">
<a class="groupTitle" style="display:block;">
<h3>Home</h3>
</a>
</div>
<div class="groupTitle fakeTitle group0 countries" data-pos="0-0-100" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-left: 0px; width: auto; height: auto; display: block;">
<a class="groupTitle" style="display:block;">
<h3>Countries</h3>
</a>
</div>

Both of these titles are showing in home and countries page. It should show 'Home' in homepage and 'Countries' in countries page.

Could you please tell me what is the mistake here?

//San.

#22 12-08-2013 16:35:42

yellowcircleweb
Contributors

I am trying to get this multiplehomes plugin working, I've followed the instructions, but my second tile page isn't displaying any tiles - I just get a blank page. here's a link to the page in question http://ycdevelopment.co.uk/surface-styling/#!/two

I think the problem is that it's not recognising the class 'two' because when I change one of the tiles on the default homepage to use this class that tile disappears.

Anyone have any pointers?
Thanks in advance.

#23 18-08-2013 16:36:37

San

#24 20-08-2013 16:50:15

yellowcircleweb
Contributors

Thank you for the reply San, that worked.
Is there any way we can attach a querystring parameter to these extra tile page links too?

I've tried just adding it in the javascript array in desktop.js and then changing the class in tiles.php to include this parameter but it's not getting picked by by PHP when I used $_GET['nameofparameter']

I'm thinking that if we can identify querystring parameter values we can then change the group titles per page as the plug-in doesn't support that out of the box.

Thanks in advance.

#25 20-08-2013 18:35:09

Emil

Have you tried Tutorials?

Good advice is often confusing, but example is always clear.

Board footer