You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 23-08-2013 12:13:50

yellowcircleweb
Contributors

Link doesn't work on mobile version when trying to show 2nd tile page

Hi,

We're using the multiplehomes plugin to create a 2nd tile page for a site. We have a tile in the in the first tile page that links correctly to this without any problems.

However, when we copied and pasted the code into tile-mob.php the link doesn't work. Nothing happens at all.

The URL we are linking to is "url"=>"#!&hanex-range"
If you visit this page on mobile http://ycdevelopment.co.uk/surfacestyle/ and scroll down to the second set of tiles and click on the tile with the title 'view hange range' you will see what I mean. If you try this exact same page on desktop it will link to the 2nd tile page correctly.

We have come across a few instances of URLs working in the desktop version, but the exact same URL not working in the mobile version.

Can you shed any light on this?

#2 24-08-2013 18:01:24

Thomas
Administrator

Re: Link doesn't work on mobile version when trying to show 2nd tile page

The "multiplehomes" plugin is only working for the desktop site for now. I never tried it on the mobile. I can't test now, but if you copy the file plugins/multiplehomes/desktop.js to a file  plugins/multiplehomes/mobile.js it can maybe work.

#3 25-08-2013 11:54:05

yellowcircleweb
Contributors

Ok - When we're back in the office on Tuesday I will test this out and update this thread so you know and others will know either way. If it doesn't work do we have an ETA on when it could be working on mobile too?

#4 25-08-2013 17:32:04

Thomas
Administrator

If you test it Tuesday, I can fix it Wednesday wink

#5 25-08-2013 18:43:02

yellowcircleweb
Contributors

That would be great Thomas - thanks.

I did actually have chance to test it today, I duplicated the desktop.js file and then renamed it mobile.js and uploaded it to plugins/multiplehomes - it totally breaks the initial tile page on mobile - just so you know. Looking forward to a fix next week - much appreciated.

#6 25-08-2013 23:35:43

Thomas
Administrator

I just tried it and it seems to work alright for me? Did you add the "classes" to the tiles?

#7 26-08-2013 11:49:55

yellowcircleweb
Contributors

You were right - we'd left out the classes - that fixed it. Its working fine now. Thank you very much for your help and guidance Thomas. smile

Board footer