You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 30-08-2013 18:47:42

chrismaliszewski
Contributors
Website

[Resolved (somehow)] CSS bug with lists in (sub)pages with sidebars

Hi.

Today I spotted bug when I create list in (sub)page where there is sidebar on left side. You can see problem here.

Notice 3 things:

1. Above point 5: there is no bull-points (squares/comas) before text. I made "-" sign.

2. Point 5: all but the last elements don't have bull-points because they are next to sidebar. Last point is below sidebar and it has bull-point.

3. Point 7: every other list below sidebar has bull-points.

Problem appears in Opera and IE. In Chrome and Firefox "-" signs are not needed and there are bull-points.

What can be possible solution to this problem?

Thank you for help!

Last edited by chrismaliszewski (30-08-2013 22:18:27)

#2 30-08-2013 21:15:25

Thomas
Administrator

Re: [Resolved (somehow)] CSS bug with lists in (sub)pages with sidebars

I guess the only thing you can try is to manually put the elements that are now beside the sidebar in a div and set a margin-left for the div. Or set the sidebar to "full height"

#3 30-08-2013 22:16:03

chrismaliszewski
Contributors
Website

I don't know how but somehow setting full_height to be "true" repairs that bug. So that is interesting thing, that without it CSS in Opera & IE doesn't see <ul> tag and with that it does.

So for now it's going around the problem with success, but now solving it.

Many thanks Thomas!

#4 30-08-2013 23:09:05

Thomas
Administrator

The ul tag gets renderdered perfectly, but in Opera and IE, the square dots are behind the sidebar. The text can wrap itself around the sidebar, but the dots don't do that (so they're covered by the sidebar tiles). By setting the sidebar to full_height, the whole content div will be moved to the right of your sidebar, so the dots aren't behind the sidebar anymore wink

#5 30-08-2013 23:22:40

chrismaliszewski
Contributors
Website

Yes, exactly - I thought about that exactly minute ago. I'll try to find a way to resolve it tomorrow and post it if I managed to work it out, but I think so that you didn't do it I also won't be able but I'll try smile.

Board footer