You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 10-09-2013 10:46:27

yellowcircleweb
Contributors

Nav Menu displays incorrectly on static pages for several seconds

Hi,

The other day Thomas very kindly provided us with a new plugin for static non-ajax pages to make the main nav menu work on mobiles (previously nothing happened when you tapped on it). Whilst this works it can take upwards of 30 seconds for the menu to 'snap' into place, and before this happens the icons are shown on the mobile page over the main content, making the site look broken.

For an example of what I mean go here: http://www.ycdevelopment.co.uk/surfaces … basket.php

Any ideas how we can fix this

#2 10-09-2013 11:38:58

Thomas
Administrator

Re: Nav Menu displays incorrectly on static pages for several seconds

I don't exactly understand the problem. For me, it appears directly when clicked. Which OS/Browser?

But I saw another problem, the main nav buttons only work for tilegroups, not for individual pages tongue

#3 10-09-2013 14:57:57

yellowcircleweb
Contributors

Hi Thomas,

Sorry I didn't explain it properly. The problem is as you said - the main nav only appears for tiles pages, not static pages correctly. You phrased it far better than I did. Can you help out with that problem??

#4 11-09-2013 21:59:50

Thomas
Administrator

It seems I phrased it bad wink

I meant that when you click the "nav/menu" button and the "main nav buttons" come up, only the buttons to tilegroups work (the buttons with links to individual pages don't work).

So you mean that, when the "menu" button is clicked, nothing happens?

#5 11-09-2013 23:07:24

yellowcircleweb
Contributors

On the static pages instead of main nav menu appearing in the top right corner of the page you see the icons/links in the header at the top below the logo for several seconds. Once you scroll the screen a bit the menu 'snaps' back into place.

I've temporarily hidden the main nav menu on mobiles now. I've uploaded a screen shot of how it was misbehaving - you can view that here: http://ycdevelopment.co.uk/surfacestyle … -pages.gif

#6 11-09-2013 23:19:22

Thomas
Administrator

Hmm, what device (browser/OS) did you test on?

Board footer