You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forum database was corrupt and an old backup was restored as temporary replacement. Registrations closed until the database is recovered. Please ask questions using the Contact form

#1 01-07-2014 13:49:01

chrismaliszewski
Contributors
Website

Each Tile Group in different div

Thomas - I have a question.

Do you plan in the next version on your template to change code in such a way that each group of tiles would be in different div? What I mean is: single div = single group = many divs inside = many tiles.

This would be a solution to many things like:
-rearranging (would be easier),
-placing group in correct position (i.e. in the center of window),
-hiding single group,
-etc.

I know that last two examples are possible to be done in current version but this idea would clarify order in whole HTML project to more tree data structured:
HTML
-HEAD
-BODY
--HEADER
--CONTAINER
---TILE CONTAINER
----TILE GROUP <--- In current version there is no such a thing and this line and one below are one
-----TILES
--FOOTER
(it's only an example of tree structure to show what I mean)

#2 01-07-2014 14:21:01

Thomas
Administrator

Re: Each Tile Group in different div

I could do that, but I'm not sure I will since the rearranging of the next version is already finished, and I didn't need the divs. The problem with wrapping divs around the tiles is that they don't adjust their dimensions to the (absolutely positioned) tiles. So they don't really have a use for positioning them.

Many of the things you say can be done with the classes of each tile.

#3 01-07-2014 15:19:43

chrismaliszewski
Contributors
Website

Problem with wrapping as far as I searched on Internet can be fixed: 1, 2 but if you already made sth I don't want to ruin the idea and waste your time smile. It was only an idea.

I mentioned about it because one time I needed sth like that. I don't remember why exacly, perhaps I wanted to create small tool to administrate groups and tiles in sth like CMS. I had a problem with doing it - as far as I remember, the problem was in proper placement of tiles inside a div and, like you said, in size of div.

I'm looking forward to see next version of your template. When can we expect it (more or less precisely)? smile

#4 08-07-2014 09:52:57

Thomas
Administrator

I hoped to show a demo this week but since I decided to implement a sort of drag n drop tile config page, it has got some delay. Next week I'm going on holiday so it won't be before the middle of August hmm

Board footer